Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Listing our goods

What is it that I am doing well?

This is a difficult one as I am apt to say, "You suck!! You are a lazy sac o' shit and never do enough!!"

Well that might be a bit over-dramatic but it holds a lot of truth.
I don't do enough.

But I guess I've done two things...

I am creating music consistently.
I am knitting my way into the artistic community in the Allston/Brighton/Cambridge area through the shows I play and the peeps I meet at them, the people I chat and hang with in between practices at New Alliance...


I don't know...otherwise I feel like I've been a sham to this whole thing. I have a lot of words I can say but when it comes down to it, I don't really get shit done.
I've casually slid through life and I think it's starting to come back to bite me in the ass. I get by and expect everything to be ok. But it isn't. Expecting it to only makes it worse. AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK it!

You ever feel like your suspended in mid-air? Not knowing when you'll start falling or if the ground will re-appear? Just complete blank unknowing? I get that...not always, but I fucking get it. And I hate it, but I fucking swallow it down and don't do enough about it. I just feel like I'm becoming more and more of a prick. Just a fucking ass-hole.

Why, WHy, WHY.
cause i'm fucking hungry!

Liz -

Your are immersing yourself in the world of helping people. Your are taking control and going down the road you've been talking about for a while. You are in the shit and you're tearing it up! You are being sought after by your superiors because they see that special gift you have. The gift of understanding people. Understanding and piecing together fragmented minds that need guidance. You are doing all of this so well in a completely new place, far away from your home, your fam(the immediate one), your man and your long time friends all the while in the midst of a ridiculous living situation that screams reality television! You are taking the steps you need to because you need to and you're not letting anyone get in your way. I couldn't be prouder of you because you're dooooinnn iit Lizzzy! AAaannnnddd you're playing softball! Who doesn't love softball?!

Tina-

I am so sorry that I have been missing from your life these past few whatevers. I have let time and space take a stranglehold of our relationship. I let my guard down and didn't even know. The problem is I should have known...I should have provided you with way more brotherness. Welcome to Ian being a douche.

You are doing everything you should be right now and you're doing it in the face of intense opposition. You are dancing again. You are searching for a new job. You are actively seeking out artistic performance and as always you are directing High School musicals. This while putting so much energy into being one of the best English teachers ever to grace Glastonbury Public School system and being a surrogate mother to a house of boys I know wouldn't trade you for anyone. You are the most bubbly, expressive, loving, warm, intense, passionate, focused person I've ever known.
You are doing so many things to better yourself and put yourself in the place you've envisioned right now. I don't know how you do it. But you do. and you've been proactively taking the reins of our space as it stands today. And I'm glad you did.


So these aren't exactly lists but I just straight up think you guys are killing it right now. Like seriously. Soooo good. Soooo right on. You both are really all the inspiration I should ever need.

1 comment:

  1. Be careful with that self-bashing stuff, brotha. It'll take over and suck you into a black hole of regret. I really hope you try to redirect that energy back into the positivity--every time you think something like that about yourself, pick up your guitar, pick up the phone and call someone, go take a walk, pick up a pen and write, kiss your girlfriend, cuddle with your cat. You are a happy soul. Let yourself be the way you want to be!! I know you can and DO (more than you think).

    ReplyDelete