Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Things to awaken inspiration when it fails me, or when I simply need to be reminded it's still there...

Do a quick stretch to get the blood flowing. Get up and walk somewhere, preferably outside. Turn on some latin flava music and rock some mambo! Turn on some upbeat music and just dance or sing loudly. Pull up oneword.com and write. Grab a pen and paper and just write. Deep breaths, close eyes, be still and quiet. Call a supportive friend. Text someone I've been missing. Write a random card or letter and throw it in the mail. Throw away things I don't need--cleanse the living space (there is a particular de-thinging cleanse I recently heard about that has you throw away or donate or give away--essentially get rid of--20-something things each day for 20-something days). Straighten up or clean a small area. Choose a random friend on fb and send a happy or inspiring message. Call mom or dad or grandma. Finish projects for people I love--grandma's wedding album, mom and dad's wedding album, Chrissy's photo album, Chrissy's 311 cd's I've been trying to remember to finish and send for 3 years. Make a bunch of mini paper cranes and give them out at random. Say hello to someone you've never seen before. Make someone else smile or laugh. High five people in the halls. Hug someone you haven't in a while. Write thankyou letters to people who have influenced, inspired, or helped you in your life. Make a vision board, for real.

I am going to make a bunch of mini paper cranes tonight and gift them out in the halls tomorrow! I will let you know how it goes!

1 comment:

  1. This is quite swell! How did the paper cranes thing go? I need to do some of this for real for real.

    De-thinging is the top of my list right now.
    and the finishing projects for people.

    Keep on me about it and I'll try to push you too!

    ReplyDelete